The Bookstore is closed for the Fall semester. We will reopen and resume normal business hours on Monday, January 5th, 2015. If you have any questions, feel free to email or call us.
Location & Hours
We are located in the Southwest corner of the seminary building on the Ground Floor, directly across from Bar Jonah.
THE SEMINARY STUDENT STORE
6616 Beechmont Avenue
Cincinnati, Ohio 45230
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday: 12:30- 1p.m.; 6:30-8:30 p.m.
Saturday: 9-11 a.m.; 12:15-1 p.m.
Wednesday, Friday, Sunday: Closed
If you are not able to make it to the Student Store during the hours listed and need to purchase textbooks for classes, please contact Eric Roush at 513-231-3386 to schedule a time to pick up your books.
The Seminary Student Store
The Seminary Student Store, the Athenaeum's bookstore, is operated by the seminarians of Mount St. Mary's of the West. It provides texts at reasonable prices for all students enrolled at The Athenaeum of Ohio and visitors. The store also provides special order titles for individuals or groups at discounted prices. Call the store at 231-3386 for additional information.
Besides providing texts for all classes and a wide selection of other Catholic titles, the student store also offers other items at discounted prices:
Students and visitors are invited to shop at the store during the regular business hours listed or to call for an appointment.
- Texts for Courses Policy: Texts for all courses are ordered and stocked by the student store. All registered students may obtain needed texts at the store for classes on the first day. Students, who register late, may not be able to obtain required texts when classes begin. The store will have ordered texts for registered students. Out-of-print texts are not ordered.
- Return Policy: The student store provides a 14-day return policy. All items returned must be accompanied by the store receipt and must be returned within 14 days of purchase and items be in the original condition.
- Return Check Fee: The student store assesses a $25 fee on all returned checks to cover bank fees and other associated costs.
- Special Order Policy: The student store accepts special orders. While prices of special order items are not guaranteed, the cost usually is below the suggested retail price. Items purchased in larger quantities normally result in a larger discounts. All special order items must be prepaid. For additional information about special orders, please call the store at 513-231-3386.
- The Seminary Student Store is not subsidized by the institution but is a self-supporting venture operated by seminarians. Therefore, significant financial difficulties are created when all textbooks ordered for a course are not purchased. Generally, such texts may not be returned to the publisher for refund and the store incurs the loss of any money paid for them. The store is a very small operation with little margin for financial error.